Before I even start writing this resolutions blog, I should step away from the device and go back to bed. You see, I’m still in the throes of some awful respiratory thing since Christmas Day. But, gee whiz, there is only one day that counts if you want to tell your resolutions for the new year with any impact at all….and that would be today. So here goes.
1. I resolve NOT to dye my hair red. I really like this watercolor I painted (from my imagination) but red is just not my color. So far brown has worked well, thanks to “Trisha, the Color Genius”, my hairdresser.
2. I resolve NOT to make even one resolution concerning what I WILL do in 2014. They have never worked before. Why try again now?
3. I resolve NOT to post on Facebook that I will do 30 paintings in the month of January or any month….ever again! How did I know I was coming down with this awful thing?
4. I resolve NOT to commit to anything or sign on the dotted line…ever….unless it agrees with my “all-time favorite dreams I hope come true when I grow up.”
5. (Getting serious here!) I resolve NOT to send emails to anyone again who never replies. There! I said it.
6. I resolve NOT to go to the gym and do exercises that make me limp for a week. I’ll go but I don’t even want to break a sweat. Is that asking too much, dear Personal Trainer? I don’t think so.
7. I resolve NOT to eat anything I don’t like. Period.
8. I resolve NOT to watch any movie or TV that has anything to do with Christmas or New York City…..until very late next December.
9. I resolve NOT to tell even one more person ever again that my name is correctly pronounced Ah-DAY-la (with the accent on DAY). Those friends who care, know how to pronounce it, don’t they? So what if it’s an old family name from way back in Germany; for heaven’s sake I’ve had it myself a really LOOOOOONG time.
10. I resolve NOT to say “NOT” ever again.
Have a Happy New Year!