To celebrate the completion of the 30 PAINTINGS IN 30 DAYS CHALLENGE and keeping in my final theme “Favorite Things Around the House” , I selected two of my favorite “things” around the house to paint.
“Tomboy” 8″ x 8″ acrylic on canvas panel.
“Abby Cat” 8″ x 8″ acrylic on canvas panel.
I even made a montage (aka, a collage) of all the paintings in the challenge.
What a wonderful time I’ve just had during the month of September, 2013. I don’t plan to do it again anytime soon, but I’ll never forget it. I actually miss it. So I asked myself “What have you learned?” Here are a few of my answers:
1. I enjoy and work best with a deadline. Go figure!
2. I LOVE acrylics….but I knew that already.
3. Have a good set-up; all your supplies in good order, brushes and palette cleaned every day (or more often), plenty of paint and panels on hand, ideas and photo references at hand or in your computer, and don’t forget to feed the cats.
4. Have a theme…or two…or three! You don’t have time to stop and think up ideas.
5. Have your website ready so you can post your finished art every day…..for sale!
6. Post it on Facebook and your blog. I LOVE the feedback! Your friends will be an encouragement and will hold you accountable. (Example: I ran into a friend at the supermarket. She said “Aren’t you supposed to be painting?” My answer: ” Yes. But I ran out of Blue Bell Italian Cream Cake Ice Cream, for goodness sake.” While there we spoke with a Blue Bell representative, who told us some bad news …”That flavor has been discontinued until next year!” Sniff! Sniff!
And 7. I need to make a plan for my next art project!
SOME BAD NEWS: My IT Guy and resident computer guru, David, tells me my computer is having some serious symptoms of a possible imminent breakdown
and has called the repairman who will come next week. I don’t know what to expect but will know in a few days.
Do me a favor, please, and visit my “Print Shop” where I’ve posted a bunch of my art, in five separate “galleries”, Landscapes, Figurative, Floral, Animals, and Still Life.
There you can order fine art prints of my artwork at very reasonable prices….and beautifully reproduced on canvas, paper, metal, acrylic…framed or unframed. Each painting can be printed into greeting cards. You may add your own text or leave the inside page blank for special messages and greetings.
And now, my art can be printed onto an iPhone case cover.
“There are three stages in the work of God; impossible, difficult, done.”______a quote from James Hudson Taylor, English Missionary.
Congratulations, Adele! For some reason, I was unable to click on “Comments”… I love your art and your use of such vivid colors. What a neat collage! It’s difficult to choose, but I SO love the flowers!
Thank you, Gloria. You must have clicked on the right thing, because it worked. I appreciate your words very much.
I enjoyed your 30 day challenge. Everything turned out so beautiful. I love the paintings if the kitties. I love you
Thanks, Karen. It was fun to paint the kitties. I had been avoiding doing their “portraits” for some reason, but was happy with the results.